Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good movie

This past Sunday afternoon we decided to get out of the house to see a movie. Even though we are away so much because of work, sometimes it is nice to get out... especially considering how difficult it may become once Maddie arrives.

We saw the movie "Taken" with Liam Neeson (he was Bruce Wayne's instructor in "Batman Begins"). I really wanted to see this based on the previews but had two concerns going in: Would it be as action packed as the preview made it out to be? Would an older guy like Liam be able to pull off this character? Well, fortunately, I wasn't disappointed. I really enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to anyone. It was a nice afternoon escape.

I have to admit though... the storyline was a little bothersome given that we are expecting a baby girl. It was a little too easy to imagine her growing up, spreading her wings, travelling (something I know I would encourage), and being exposed to such a dangerous world. But that's a long time away so we'll try not to think about that just yet.

No comments: