Monday, April 27, 2009

B-E-A-U-TI-FUL Weekend

This past weekend we had absolutely gorgeous weather. Tom and I hosted a yard/garage sale at our house to clean out some "unused" items which have been piling up. In my nesting moments during this pregnancy I've cleaned out closets, cupboards, the garage and Tom even gave up some of his music equipment. My Mom and sister also brought some stuff to sell. Saturday was the perfect day for it and we sold over $600. With Mom and Mandy the total sales came to nearly $900. The money is being used to help pay for Maddie's nursery furniture. Maybe someday the manufacturer will take it off of backorder!!

Tom helped babysit Bailey during our yard sale activities. He was so cute with her. They even snuggled for a 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon and I wish I had taken a picture when I peeked in on them. I can tell he's going to be a great Dad. I can't wait to see him hold Maddie.

On Sunday Tom went to Hailey's 1st birthday party (daughter of Amy & Anthony) while I went to a bridal shower for Krista - my cousin Jeramiah's fiance. The bridal shower included some pretty fun games (thanks to Jess's creative mind!). I won for the best "booty" dance. Half the ladies gave up once they saw my massive behind shaking.... I think the best quote was "Well, when you have so much to shake, of course you're going to win." Thanks ladies!!

This is my quote for 34 weeks... too true!

No comments: