Today is my due date. And still no Maddie. Getting really frustrated. Trying everything that people have suggested to move things along:
1. eat spicy food (twice in the past week) - instead wound up with really bad heartburn all night.
2. walking - even mowed the grass yesterday to get the exercise of walking back and forth across the yard. At least the yard looks really nice.
3. scrubbing floors - I didn't actually do this, but I did weeding, raking, picking up grass clippings, etc. in hopes that all the bending over would be the same effect. No baby but did get a really bad backache the rest of the day & night.
4. take a bumpy car ride - this too was painful rather than helpful.
5. dancing - did a little bit of dancing at a wedding on Saturday. Total uncoordinated mess.
6. sex - no comment
The doc says that none of these things really work - I just have to wait and Maddie will come when she's ready. So no more suggestions people. I'll just wait in misery.