Friday, April 8, 2011

So it's been forever...

Hello out there!?!?! So I haven't posted anything on the blog in forever and apparently it's been bugging people. Quite honestly, in the process of life happening, we've spent more time just enjoying it rather than trying to document every minute of it for everyone to read. And on top of that, our work lives have been so busy the last several months... actually I feel like I haven't gotten a break in much longer than that thanks to a client who I cannot name... that there has been no free time for blogging. And if I'm not working or taking care of Madison, then I'm taking care of chores around the house. I already have a list a mile long of regular maintenance-type projects that have to be done in the next couple of months! And that doesn't count getting the 3rd bedroom converted into a nursery for Baby Chopper #2! But today I decided to jump on the blog for a few minutes and peruse some old posts and it made me realize that I really enjoyed watching Maddie's appearance & personality change over the course of time in each post... although it was really strange seeing it in reverse going from most recent post to oldest post. And I also realized that it would be sad if I didn't do the same thing for Baby Chopper #2 that we'll be welcoming in September. So I'm rededicating myself to blogging. Here is my commitment to anyone out there who actually reads this thing: 1. Over the course of the next week, I'm going to post at least one blog entry for each month that I've missed. That means about 9 posts from July to March. Consider it the fly-by version of the last 9 months! 2. I will start posting about one entry per week going forward and it will include at least one photo. I can't promise that the photos will be great because 90% of the time I just grab my iPhone to take pics nowadays but hopefully it'll give you a little glimpse into our world. 3. I will try to upload some videos mixed in with photos going forward. I'm constantly taking 30-60 second video clips of Maddie but it's a major pain to send these or upload them to either a blog or Facebook. They slow down the computer and a lot of times crash it... but I'll do my best. Okay - that's my commitment. We'll see how this goes. Wish me luck! Michelle

No comments: