Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ohhhh, We're Halfway There!!

We are just over 20 weeks which marks the halfway point. Had a doctor visit today and met the 4th doctor in the practice, Dr. Zern (there are 6 total). She reminded me of a really sweet grandmother. Incredibly nice lady - I hope we have her for delivery.

Today was the first measurement of my stomach - from pelvic bone to the top of my stomach it was 21 centimeters. They expect it to be close to 20 so that's good. And I've gained 9 pounds and they expect around 10 pounds. Over the next 20 weeks I'm only supposed to gain about 3/4 of a pound a week so that I total out at 25... right... we'll see about that. The heartbeat was good at a consistent 150. She actually said I'm doing "perfectly". Well, I guess we all have to have one thing we do perfectly.

Here are some comparison pics of the belly. The first picture was at 6 weeks.

And this is 17 weeks.
Now, in the past three weeks, I swear it's expanded another couple of inches b/c nothing fits or is comfortable. I can't imagine how much worse it's going to get. You'll also notice how "top heavy" I'm getting too - but that's actually a bonus. Right, dear?

No comments: